Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Hey, y'know what I -have- heard and is fabulous: HQP

I bought a license to HQP because Roon streams ALAC files to it. It was previously a useless player to me, since Jussi has refused to play with ALAC files. So, now that Roon has provided the interface, I'm in and I think it is simply marvelous. Takee it with a grain, but I come from the LMS universe, which is extremely well-supported and quite far evolved compared to these upstarts. However, the value of instant metadata was just not considered for the value that it actually provides. I did a comparison last night of a favored 16/44.1 cd, some arcane jazz from one of my favorite guitarists, Steve Khan with Ron Carter and the inimitable Al Foster. Using the bit-perfect through, I thought that the cymbals lacked definition and the bass was nebulous. This with my acourate-based RC filters. When I changed to poly-sinc short and NS9 for dither, the details popped. Still pretty dry, without the space that I'd like, but holy cats the cymbals sound real and in the room. I'll take it. Best CD-quality replay I've ever heard. MQA may provide something through TIdal, but it's going to pale in comparison to HQP.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - Hey, y'know what I -have- heard and is fabulous: HQP - PaulN 21:33:23 01/31/16 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.