Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I know poor Alan saved a LOT of money on his DAC....

so he can afford a 'few' doodads. ;-)

But poor Alan really ought to try a Lifatec glass TOSLINK cable from his MacBook Pro to his Master 7.

Oh, poor Ivan ordered a Master 7 last week so he will soon have TWELVE PCM1704K-U DAC chips making music in his house.

That's nearly $1,000 worth of silicon at TI's inflated R2-R Ladder DAC chip pricing.

Reason being I have my headphone setup on one floor (my easy chair), which was the original plan for the Master 11, and the main system on another level with the TT, 3000 LP's and (sadly) the wife's TV.

But the Master 11 is such a great DAC it ends up being used with the main system nearly every day what with the new audiophile approved MacMini in the house. I am tired of moving the near-30 lb. Master 11 up and down the stairs every day, especially with the all of the requisit USB accessories in tow.

I will be using Mac Mini/USB/REGEN with the main system while MacBook Air/Airplay/Airport Express/TOSLINK to the Master 11 will be for headphone play only.

But not a problem because it's pretty much two great DACs and a great balanced headphone amp for the price of one great DAC otherwise.

First they came for the dumb-asses
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a dumb-ass

Edits: 01/31/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I know poor Alan saved a LOT of money on his DAC.... - Ivan303 18:51:43 01/31/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.