Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: MQA Will Be Available to the Public Later Next Week

Yes agreed , I think that repertoire going to be a problem long term too (see my earlier postings). I spoke with an executive of one of the majors today and drew a blank on it.

As for the Meridan Explorer (and the other hardware that they are enabling), at least it will give the opportunity to compare tracks with and without MQA, irrespective of other considerations if the Explorer or other Meridian DAC is used for both (presumably with cans for the portable). That is of course if non-MQA versions of the software are also made available. It's just that the Explorer is the cheapest route at this point.

As some software will now be available (even if limited in scope) there may now also be the ability to find out how MQA encoded repertoire sounds when not decoded. Many comments here and elsewhere have expressed doubts as total compatability. DRM issues may also be resolved (or not).

At least it is step forward from the speculation that has been the essence of the discussion so far.

Edits: 01/30/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: MQA Will Be Available to the Public Later Next Week - PAR 11:37:37 01/30/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.