Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: You're absolutely right

Theob, here's what I recommend you do
- put a switch between the battery & the Regen so that you can disconnect it from the Regen
- use a 3.3V regulated supply permanently connected & powered on - to trickle charge the battery at all times
- keep your LiFePO4 battery charger for use in recharging the battery if you ever let it go low in charge. This could happen if you don't have the trickle charger connected/powered & you are running the Regen off the battery. If you are going to store it away for a period of time then disconnect the battery from the unpowered charger.

If you do let the battery go low, disconnect it from the Regen via the switch & recharge with the battery charger.

There's no point in trying to lower the output of the battery charger to 3.3V - it won't work - LiFePo4 battery chargers can output any voltage when in the initial constant current stage of recharging & only shift to 3.6V when they go into constant voltage mode at the end of charging.

BTW, your profile doesn't accept emails so I can't respond to your emails to me

Edits: 11/30/15 11/30/15 12/01/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.