Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Late 2014 Mac Mini SD card slot compatibility question

Abe- Thank you for your admonition concerning the long term reliability of these SD Cards. In that I have taken the precaution of backing up my music library to several different locations I felt confident in loading a portion of it's contents onto a 32GB SanDisk SDHC UHS-I SD Card from one of the dual SD Card slots on my Nikon camera. A few days ago after comparing playback quality from a dedicated USB 3, Thunderbolt SSD and UHS-I SD Card sources using my Mac Mini with mixed results I began to wonder if the low voltage differential signaling used in the UHS-II SD Card spec might offer some sort of a more noticeable improvement and so after I had completed this free testing of the SDHC UHS-I card which I already owned I made this inquiry before deciding whether or not to buy a larger capacity SDXC UHS-II SD Card for use with my Mac Mini. Since the UHS-II SD Cards are only marginally more expensive than the UHS-I versions I just may get one and post back to this thread as to whether or not the Mac Mini can achieve the UHS-II 4.2 spec while using one.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Late 2014 Mac Mini SD card slot compatibility question - Maxxwire1 13:42:26 11/28/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.