Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Listening impressions of Regen battery tweak

"One other sonic improvement, and maybe its the reason for all the other sonic benefits, is transients now are much more distinct and not smeared."

Yes, I find the realism of the soundstage is greatly improved - more solidity & distinctness to the individual elements. As you say the distinctness of the leading edge of sounds seems to be improved. It's always difficult to relate our auditory perception of elements such as these with underlying changes in the analogue waveform (as we see from the inconclusive measurements done so far on the Regen) but I believe that & more stable noise floor (& possibly a lower one) is responsible for the lack of any perception of smearing?

It's hard to believe that these perceptually OBVIOUS sonic improvements wouldn't be measureable, isn't it?

I'm hoping to send my battery modified Regen to Bibo01 & Tom to do NCD difference measurements but I'm still not holding my breath that conclusive differences will be found as noise floor stability (in the presence of dynamic signals) is not easy to measure, I believe.

Edits: 11/27/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.