Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Speculation

Well, I started this thread to allow people investigate these batteries in this particular application. I can assure you that it improves the sound quality of the Regen many fold - much more than the difference between different PSes powering the Regen through its DC input.

I can also assure you that these batteries have been used on motherboards in the areas you mention (memory being one of the spikiest current devices) to great effect. Measurements - no? Audible differences - yes!

Did anybody read the paper I linked to?

Although it didn't specifically investigate the noise of this battery chemistry it did draw speculative conclusions based on the range of batteries it measured - namely the capacity of the battery had a bearing but particularly the internal impedance was a major factor in the noise of the battery.

As I asked Fmak before, did he know the internal impedance of these LiFePo4s. If anybody reads that paper I referenced & understands it, they will see that the internal impedance is the critical factor in both voltage noise & current noise of a battery.

So my question to Fmak was to check if he had done any research into these batteries or were his speculations based on uninformed guessing. The batteries are measured at below 8 milliohms internal impedance from which you draw your own conclusion

As to noise measurements - I doubt you will find any in the applications you

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.