Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

The question is:

what constitutes an improvement in SQ and is a battery really better than a good regulator?

When feeding a circuit with a battery, there is self noise from the battery itself to consider, if there is no further bypassing. There is little information of practical use in audio that I can find wrt LiFePO4 battery noise in this regard.

I don't think that one can say for certain that battery power is always superior.

I was in a dealer demo room which had several LiPO powered usb to I2S hdmi converters lying around. I asked why and was told that that the batteries had all failed. This was in spite of a clever self activated inbuit charging circuit.

The manufacturer has recently abandoned this design and had gone over to dc power, with an expensive super capacitor reservoir unit as an accessory!

When one trickle charges a battery which is providing power, there is the situation where discharge and charge chemistries are taking place at once. Is this good? Who knows.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.