Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: What I find wrong with Tidal.........

For me, the Tidal catalog is pretty good. I used to be a Spotify user. When Tidal first rolled out, I hung on to Spotify because the Tidal catalog had a lot of holes. But they've been plugging away at it and somewhere around the middle of the year I decided to ditch Spotify because almost everything I look for is on Tidal now.

My only complaint with Tidal is the search. Really, it's bad. A search function that can't handle a single character spelling error is pathetic. They really need to fix that.

But I'm digging the Tidal integration. While Tidal was silently collaborating with several high end companies to integrate their service, including Auralic, Spotify was holding all the manufacturers back while they developed their proprietary solution, Spotify Connect, which IMO turned out to be a dud. Spotify really has their heads in 2012, which in streaming terms makes them a dinosaur. They seem to think they are important enough that users and manufacturers will come to them, and don't seem to appreciate that music steaming services are fungible. For example, expecting people to still use their app. No thanks.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: What I find wrong with Tidal......... - Dave_K 16:53:50 11/20/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.