Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Regen makes Sense

I have finally been able to install and use the Regen on my audio PC, which is a dc powered Zotac CI320 running minimised 8.1 x64, with no other functionality than external audio (all external communication means have been removed/disabled also).

Playing 176.4 and 192k files at 32 bit, the Regen with smps power supply tended to smooth out sound from audio files but dynamics suffered as a result - not the best of improvement.

Using a TPS 7.5V power supply into the Regen, SQ improved considerably with dynamics restored and an easy, clear, and much improved reproduction came about.

Finally a LiPo 7.5 V battery was substituted, and this has given the best SQ so far. Good bass, mid and high, with imaging steady, stable and solid. The improvement in quality and ease on the ear has been considerable; a worthwhile device to have installed.

Warning: the above findings have been based on the Regen supplying a W4S DSDSe via an iFi USB power; the reason for so doing being the lack of a suitable (length and quality) usb cable for the setup. The iFi was used without the 'iso' ground engaged and the SQ changes were relative to the iFi being directly linked to the PC.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - Regen makes Sense - fmak 04:29:30 11/18/15 (44)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.