Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Tidal on classical

Tidal has a good classical selection. It has some of the major labels that classicsonlinehd.com doesn't. Tidal is not hirez; it is lossless (16/44.1). Classicsonlinehd.com has lossless and hirez (up to 24/192).

Tidal is still not officially "gapless", but some report that with certain interfaces it is. That's its major drawback for me. Tidal seems more stable than classicsonlinehd.com, but the latter is delivering gapless hirez which seems to be a bit difficult.

I know of two other services: Qobuz and Deezer elite. Qobuz is not available in the USA (unless you travel to Europe, get an account, and then use it back here). Deezer elite is avaiable only through Sonos. Others have commented on these elsewhere on the site.

Both Tidal and classicsonlinehd.com have free evaluation periods. Both have computer apps/browser apps along with iOS and Android apps. If you have an iOS platform with classicsonlinehd.com and are running iOS 9, the app currently doesn't work. They are modifying it so it can function under iOS 9.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.