Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

A case of, there is nothing wrong with his Jitterbug.

I get your point 100% Tony. But the fact is, he didn't have a problem with the Jitterbug did he? A product which he was quick to implicate in his alarmist subject title and in the body of his original post.

Only later did we learn that it wasn't a Jitterbug issue at all but his setup.... after he revealed what he had done. After I had posted my findings that the Jitterbug worked perfectly fine with my two XMOS DACs. And after others chimed in that it worked fine with their XMOS DACs. Perhaps this prompted him to go back and double check his setup.

Bottom line: there was nothing wrong with his Jitterbug after all, contrary to his alarmist original post.

------------------------------------------

Jitterbug does not work on XMOS DAC [Sept 23, 2015]:

Continuing my exploration of the effect of the Jitterbug, I inserted it on the same PC system with the same usb port but connected it to an XMOS AK4559 dac which previously sounded good on its own and found:

that the system now sounded a lot worse, with over provision of bass and a much thinner mid high than what I have been used to.

Clearly the Jitterbug doesn't work with every PC/DAC combination. Not only that, but the sound output is now susceptible to low volume clicks when I move the mouse while surfing.

The system w/o Jitterbug sounds good and is w/o clicks..

------------------------------------------

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.