HTTP/1.0 200 OK Content-type: text/html

Can't connect to database, trying again....HTTP/1.0 200 OK Content-type: text/html

Can't connect to database, trying again.... RE: Jitterbug Sound? - Jeff Starr - Computer Audio Asylum

Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Jitterbug Sound?

Well, seeing as there are many Jitterbug threads, and you want to know how it sounds, I'll chime in here:-)

Just getting started with PC Audio, and being a bit overwhelmed with all the options, I put some faith in a local dealer, from who I bought my used Benchmark Dac2 HGC. I took his recommendation and got a couple of AQ Cinnamon usb cables. When I saw the ad for the Jitterbug, I asked him about it, and he was enthusiastic. So, I had him put one aside for me, for when they got their first shipment. The concept, and idea of what a Jitterbug would do, sounded reasonable.

So, when I got it, I just inserted it inline, between the laptop, and usb cable going to my dac. I let it settle in, and finally decided it was time to evaluate it. I used one track, Lucinda Williams "Born To Be Loved" of the "Blessed" Cd I had ripped into JRiver.
First I removed the Jitterbug, and listened. Replacing it, the improvement was just so obvious. Just on memory, I was hearing a glare in the vocals, that I hadn't heard. Reinserting the Jitterbug, the glare was gone, and everything just sounded better. I'm sure it is one of those your mileage may vary things. But with my Toshiba laptop, 3m of AQ Cinnamon, and the Benchmark Dac2, it made a difference, I think I would have paid much more to get.

Hope that helps.

I've always found it interesting that the "bits are bits" people will tell you that as long as they get to the dac without measurable change, that the transport and digital cables don't matter. Over the years, I have heard some of the most obvious differences when I changed transports from a CAL Delta to the PS Audio Lambda, and differences in digital cables. So, I'm not surprised that the Jitterbug has a, in this case, positive affect on the sound. But, this was a very obvious, positive affect.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Jitterbug Sound? - Jeff Starr 12:01:43 09/25/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.