Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

As long as there are

n factorial variables in digital audio, there will be many permutations of hardware, software and data transfer protocols that will affect sound quality. This stems partly from a lack of standardisation of transfer hardware even down to the inability to select and install a connector such as BNC50R or 75R.

As for computer based audio, the audio industry relies on operating systems that are constantly being changed and so called upgraded, mostly for reasons not connected with audio. There is therefore no steady state from which to develop and refine.

I agree with your sentiment about the analog side of things. It seems that the digital wizz kids have all but forgotten about the lessons learnt about sound quality in analog systems and instead have gone for 'magic' software and hardware tweaks such grounding blocks that sell for $600.

So, it seem that changes and improvements in digital audio will continue.

When will we get true 32 bit 768k replay through something like a 3 wire (R,L,Clock) transfer protocol such as sdif?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.