Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: HD problem

I agree. Digital photos are a big problem unless you keep a constant eye on updating, sorting, and backing up all those files.... or keeping a bunch of them on a "cloud service"... but then you have to worry about making sure your successors have access to them.

Unless I print the photos and insert them into a physical album.... or use one of those services like Shutterfly to create a photo album book, I tend to lose track of the pictures. I don't lose the pictures, I just don't do a great job of categorizing them for easy retrieval. The best photos go into physical photo books at my house.

I'm not too concerned about my music library. I do keep a couple backups of everything but if a disaster strikes, I still have all my physical CD media and vinyl records to fall back on. But if we're faced with a real disaster, we probably have more important things to worry about anyway! Like food, water, shelter, etc.

Edits: 09/24/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: HD problem - AbeCollins 11:56:05 09/24/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.