Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: I Was going to post about exaSound E22, HQ Settings, and Jitterbug, but

The Ayre QB-9 DSD shows the sample rate (44, 88, 96, 176, 192, etc.) but not bit depth (16, 24, etc). The Ayre DAC is priced at $3250 unless there was a price hike, but I bought mine lightly used for much less.

I use Audirvana Plus which will show the incoming file bit-depth and sample rate, and the outgoing bit-depth and sample rate that the DAC will receive. I normally pass 'hi-res' files at their native sample rate but upsample by a factor of 2x on my 44.1KHz CD rips. AV+ has some nice custom settings in this regard.

Custom settings to upsample 44.1KHz files only by 2x. Others are passed 'native' to the DAC with no upsampling.

In this example the incoming file is 44.1KHZ but upsampled to 88.2KHz by AV+ before being sent to the DAC.

In this case my Ayre DAC also shows 88 on it's display.

In this example the incoming file is 24/192 and is unchanged in the outgoing signal to the DAC.

The DAC also shows 192 in it's display.

So there are ways to "see" what your DAC is receiving without a display on the DAC but it's much more convenient to have it right there in the DAC screen.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.