Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Another happy JPlay user here. Care to elaborate on "ethical reasons"?

To be honest, this doesn't look good for you. I'm not sure why you think that supporting "bits is bits" mythology, and its purveyors in JRiver and Foobar, is good for business - it's a huge turn-off, for me personally, and I'm sure for many others.

The reason your ASIO driver is not working with JPlay is obviously insufficient testing protocol, which seemigly only includes 2 players - not surprisinly, JRiver and Foobar. Asking a software vendor to borrow your DAC to ensure compatibility seems a bit hypocritical - how about you downloading a version of JPlay, and making sure your software is comparible?

If anything, this snippet from your web site below is definition of UN-ethical, in my opinion:

In our view JPlay is an unnecessary layer of processing. We like, use and endorse Windows players like J River Media Center and Foobar. We like them because they give the user control over the sound processing. With these players we can turn on as little or as many features as we need. More importantly, we understand what is going on within the player. JPlay works in magic ways, and therefore we prefer to stay away from it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.