Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Thanks for the review, & postings: question

Thank you for that explanation......

It makes really good sense.

And, again, - depending on what you mean by isolation of the PHY processor, this indicates NOT a problem with the DAC, - but with the integrity of the USB signal coming from whatever transport. And dwelling on the PHY isolation for a moment, - are we talking about a physical shielding of something like ERS paper? Moving the PHY chip physically away from the rest of the circuit....

I intend neither crassness, nor sarcasm: but from most DAC reviews showing pictures, - the PHY transceiver chip isn't being physically isolated. Yet the DAC manufacturer seems is often "blamed" for what is a "problem" at the transport. When in fact, (and/or beyond the choice of which PHY processor), there isn't a lot a manufacturer can do.

Without going into the fact that we agree that running SPDIF has issues, - just different kinds: an external USB to SPDIF IF may not have the same issues if reclocking & converting is done well. In that case, the Regen theoretically would be less effective.

To be totally clear, on the basis of all the testimony, I am NOT saying that the Regen isn't a supere bloody awesome device: I am just trying to weed through some of the information, and get an indication which application of it is optimal...

Cheers,

"Asylums with doors open wide,
Where people had paid to see inside,
For entertainment they watch his body twist
Behind his eyes he says, 'I still exist.'"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.