Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Beware the Evil Mac!! LoL

""Are PCs inherently better for audio than Mac?""

Of course you received the typical nonsense answer below but actually there is more to the story.

On a whole looking at it as a big picture, PCs are not inherently better than Macs this can be a generalized answer. An off-the-shelf PC is not any better than off-the-shelf Mac, in fact there might be a possibility that the Mac would be better. As a turnkey system with some of the good applications Macs are not bad. There is more to the story though.

When you come to building something specialized for high-level audio playback you are limited with a Mac. You can do much more with a PC, server motherboards, Xeon processors, fanless cases, ECC memory, better quality USB adapters, better network cards either ethernet or fiber, EMI RFI reduction, specialized processor and memory and software settingsā€¦ The list goes on. These cannot be accomplished on a Mac. Also in my opinion the software applications that are available for PCs just sound better, I have done both MAC and PC and some other people and have reached similar conclusions.

Of course you get an answer from someone who has not done these things and just loves to share their opinions. All well and good but sometimes hands-on experience can go much further than just opinions or speculations.

Edits: 09/21/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.