Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Anyone had success with the micro PCs for streaming server?

Hi Ken,

It is true things are changing but that does not necessarily mean there will be one or some definitive hardware solution as a music server, there can be many good solutions.

As far as a complete system, what I run is Jplay streamer and I can recommend that you try it, and it is in my opinion the best sounding solution available. I run it on Windows server 2012 would audiophile Optimizer, and would also recommend this combination.

As far as using a laptop, unless you really want to use a laptop for something else I would prefer a headless solution as I think ultimately they will provide you with a lower noise device. Once the system is set up and configured it becomes an appliance, pushbutton on, remote control with another computer a tablet, pushbutton off.

People have reported that Windows 10 also works very well and sounds good, and Phil will hopefully be making a version of audiophile Optimizer for it.

Regards
Bob

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.