Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: They are here! Audiophile Switches!

Image: Supra Cat7+ FRHF Network Patch Cable

This is an audiophile-quality option I'd really like to try. The Swedish-made Supra Cat7+ FRHF Network Patch Cable (CAT 7+ STP PATCH) is an unusual Cat7 cable design in that it features larger 22 AWG conductors rather than smaller 26 AWG conductors, superior foamed PE dielectric rather than what's likely PVC or such in the case of typical products, and opposed to solid PE in the case of an AudioQuest Cat7 Ethernet cable. Furthermore, the 22 AWG foamed PE dielectric conductors are solid core bare copper rather than a stranded design, and it does not involve (unwanted in my case) silver plating such as the AudioQuest products feature. Also to note is the Supra connector is not molded; it features a removable plastic insulator. It's pretty much what seems to be an ideal audiophile-quality design available at a price that while not cheap, it won't break the bank.

Very good reports regarding the SUPRA Cat7+ are found on the web, including comparisons with an AudioQuest Cat7 cable.

Supra Cat7+ FRHF Network Patch Cable product information:

http://www.jenving.com/products/view/cat-7-stp-patch-1001908415

Supra eBay seller:

http://stores.ebay.com/Sjofn-HiFi?_dmd=2&_nkw=Supra+CAT+7+%2B+STP+patch+cable

BTW, bulk Supra Cat7+ cable and Supra RJ45 connectors are also available for DIY custom-length builds.

Edits: 09/08/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.