Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

"Game Changer"?

Perhaps not.

The Wyred4sound Remedy Re-clocker is in the house on trial and my game hasn't really been changed all that much.

Perhaps my game is smoother and with a bit more flow, but the earth is still in one piece. It hasn't been shattered.

Clearly I can hear a difference, and given the choice I'd have the say things sound a bit better with the re-clocker in the system. But if I got up tomorrow morning and someone had switched it in or out overnight, I doubt I'd have a clue.

Now one can easily say it's my ears, my crappy system, etc. OK, one less person can say that now, but still...

Currently using it on the output of the stock SONOS CONNECT into a reasonable but certainly not SOTA Marantz NA-7004 as DAC via Blue Jeans Cable Coax. Things are working better in SONOS world here with the CONNECT now running on Ethernet, albeit Ethernet from an Airport Express.

Streaming TIDAL, DEEZER Elite and QOBUZ all at 16/44.1 Lossless FLAC.

Will try it with the OPPO HA-1 as the DAC to see if the earth can be shaken and games significantly changed.

On the plus side, I'm not looking for work as a reviewer, so there's that.

The reason I went the Remedy Re-clocker trial rather than the SONOS CONNECT upgrade is that I wanted to be able to ascertain that there was actually a difference with the Wyred4sound re-clocking technology, as the SONOS mod is basically a re-clocker built in (with PS mods, etc.).

I have the option of sending the re-clocker back for a refund less 5% restocking or sending it back with the CONNECT and having my full purchase price applied to the CONNECT upgrade.

And that is what I will likely do.

Why?

AUDIOPHILE.

First they came for the dumb-asses
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a dumb-ass

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - "Game Changer"? - Ivan303 18:32:08 08/30/15 (28)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.