Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Fred what do you expect?

Glad to hear it's also sounding good with your Wyrd - Audiostream review hinted at as much but there's more confirmation of synergy with the Uptone Regen than the Wyrd, that I can find. My combo is also sounding good/better.

I did run into the problem (similar to Lavorgna's original Jitterbug review where he had to use a USB extension cable - which seems less than optimal to me sonically or otherwise - to fit two Jitterbugs next to each other on a Macbook's USB ports) of another filter I have made by Alan Maher Designs, which is just a standard USB A connector and a thin ground cord, not fitting next to the Jitterbug on my DAC's motherboard USB bus, so I had to crack open the thing with a razor blade and small hammer and do a makeshift Faraday around it with some EMF/RFI absorbing material for the hell of it. I was surprised how much plastic the thing has, it really is sort of unnecessary and bulky, but removing it solved the crowding issue. Of course, I've voided any potential warranty or return, but the thing is $50.

Anyway, have another one on order from MusicDirect, and can confirm they're also giving out late September estimates for their next batch.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Fred what do you expect? - internethandle 03:17:20 08/30/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.