Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

As laughable as the ensuiing hate fest...

...imo, of course.

The "proof of concept" in the article title also comes into play because the DJM filters were not designed for home/audio use. The company "is one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of EMI filters, RF shielding products, RF absorber and shielding accessories in North America." If you look at their website, you'll see that they do not talk about consumer electronics at all.

The idea behind getting the GigaFOILv3 in-barn, it arrived the other day, is to see if it offers any improvement in a network audio system. If it does, DJM may design a device for home use which will be smaller and much less expensive. Of course I could have just said "this is all nonsense" and ignored the offer from DJM to try this device, but I'm curious.

As far as a "love fest" with the AQ Ethernet cables, I recommended the AQ Cinnamon when I first reviewed these cables 3 years ago. They bettered both a CAT 5 and CAT 6 cable I compared them to. I've since recommended buying good quality CAT 6 or CAT 7 shielded cables and the AQ cables are exactly that.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.