Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Apple experts only...(continued)

Thanks to all for the assistance.

And a special note of thanks to those who worked so very hard to resist the urge to comment derisively. ;-)

OK, gonna put the 'bridge' up for sale on ebay, or at least in the basement storage room.

The Apple Airport Express is sitting right next to the SONOS Connect and is configured as:

Network Mode: Expand a Wireless Network
Wireless Network Name: Apple WiFi Network (name of my wifi network)

Now, of course, I have no way of knowing exactly where my SONOS Connect is getting it's signal, but assuming IF the SONOS is configured to log into 'Apple WiFi Network' and it must be as it is playing at this moment without the 'Bridge', and the AirPort Express is extending that network up to the listening room, then I'm good.

The folks a 'Wyred4Sound' caution that their upgrade will somehow impair the ability of the CONNECT from working properly on a wireless network, which is the main for this little exercise, as I have no Ethernet connection in the third floor listening room. :-(

So I suppose having a properly functioning AirPort express sitting a foot or so from the CONNECT should be fine even if the modification somehow blocks the or decreases the effectiveness of the radio in the CONNECT.

Worth $500 to find out?

AUDIOPHILE!

First they came for the dumb-asses
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a dumb-ass

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Apple experts only...(continued) - Ivan303 10:12:44 08/23/15 (8)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.