Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

It seems odd to send a member of the Bored to a different site...

but I think you'd have better luck posting in the Computer Audio forum of the Hard|Forum at Hard|OCP. A lot of folks who make their livings diagnosing and repairing PCs post there.

You'll need to provide some more info as well, such as the type of PC you are using, the software you are using for DVD playback, when exactly the issue occurs, whether the issue is only related to DVD playback or if you can get audio out on things such as youtube in a browser. Have you done basic diagnostics such as using different headphones or a different output jack?

I had a similar issue a few weeks back where a Windows update stopped all sound output from one of my PCs. The solution was to go into the Sound Control Panel. In the Playback tab was an item labeled "Realtek Digital Output." I chose that item and then clicked on the properties button. Under the "Supported Formats" tab I saw that the sample rates I wanted to use had been deselected. Reselecting the samples rates immediately restored my sound.

Here's hoping your issue is something that simple!

JE

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • It seems odd to send a member of the Bored to a different site... - Jaundiced Ear 18:35:07 08/22/15 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.