Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Experiment

Seeing that myself and many of the regulars on this board have been in this hobby for more than a decade I have plenty of experimental results to share.

Having taken a break from this board for a few years I can tell you that things have not progressed much over time. I am seeing that same things being tried out and talked about over and over again.

If you really want to progress you might want to pay attention to the quality of your power source, reduce the variables in your audio chain, and buy quality/proven gear. 9 times out of 10 the designer of good gear has taken many short-comings into consideration in their design from the start which reduces the need for extra stuff hanging off your gear.

However, this is a hobby and it is fun to experiment non-the-less. I've done it with many components such as the Havana Dac, replacing 50+ parts on the board...and other gear.

On order is a Regenerating Power Supply [from China of course] I shall post my findings. Not that any of the American gear loving people here would be interested...:-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Experiment - Dynobot 08:38:26 08/22/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.