Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Apple experts only...

OK, smart-assed PC folks are welcome to hurl insults if it makes them feel better. ;-)

Moved the SONOS Connect up to the floor with the 'main system', which is a bit of a distance from the SONOS Bridge in the computer room/office.

Have the Apple AirPort Express assisting with the WiFi in the room with the main system, as well as a direct Ethernet connection from the AirPort Express to the Marantz Network Audio player so I can stream AirPlay to the main system (horrors).

Now I want to hook the AirPort Express up to the SONOS CONNECT in order to get a 'better' connection to the SONOS than the Bridge in the office will likely provide.

NO love.

SONOS can't see the 'network' with the CONNECT hooked up to the AirPort Express via ethernet cable.

HUH?

Yet it all works fine when I drag a 40 ft length of ethernet cable through the house and hook the SONOS CONNECT directly up to the Apple Time capsule/router.

Why does the SONOS CONNECT not recognize the 'network' when hooked up to the AirPort and it does when hooked to the main router?

What happened to 'It Just Works'. OK, Steve Jobs died, but still...

First they came for the dumb-asses
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a dumb-ass

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Apple experts only... - Ivan303 11:17:14 08/20/15 (9)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.