Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Anyone?? nt

Anyone what? There are now two different subjects going on here.

Ripping SACDs (in order to get ISOs and ultimately DSF files off SACD discs) is a different issue than the OP's, which is having an already-ripped ISO (dunno where he got it, but if he's savvy enough to rip it via a PS3 hack then he should know the next steps).

1) ripping SACDs requires an older out of production PS3 and firmware hacks. I wrote the guide on it (literally).

2) the above process produces an ISO image. Although SACD ISOs can be played back on some software players the best solution (especially if the user is like the OP and needs FLAC conversion) is to extract DSD tracks from the ISO. This requires a program called sacd_extract, which has been embedded in some GUIs like Jesus's ISO2DSD (free, as mentioned above). Make sure you use the latest v38 of sacd_extract in order to get bug-free DSF files.

3) Once you have DSF files then find DSD to PCm conversion (a lossy process) tools to get to some sample rate comaptible with your PCM dac. Players like JRiver can do this, for example.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.