Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Ever replace WiFi to your Mac with Ethernet from

an Airport Express and did it improve the sound?

I know this is pretty simplistic for the detailed technical mods that you guys discuss but I'm just curious regarding a low cost tweak. I'm a mostly vinyl guy trying to get the best sound out of my digital equipment.

My Mac Mini is currently connected to my network via WiFi. I keep reading that it's beneficial in music servers to turn WiFi off and use an Ethernet connection for noise improvement. If I used an Airport Express as a WiFi bridge to my existing Airport Extreme WiFi network I could connect it to my Mac Mini with Ethernet and turn the Mac Mini's WiFi off. But the Airport Express would only be 2 to 3 feet from the Mini because that's the location of the nearest non-system outlet. Bluetooth is already off and the Mac Mini is headless.

Has anyone done this and noticed an improvement? I use my Mac Mini for streaming Tidal Hifi. Thanks!

Edits: 08/18/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - Ever replace WiFi to your Mac with Ethernet from - Terry P 19:41:06 08/18/15 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.