Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Sensible post

Gluing metal parts together is just bad design. A couple of rivets would have saved much embarrassment. I'd still like to know how the thing sounds. If it's a good sounding circuit one can DIY mod and improve the case.

Remember the Behringer DCX2496? It was $349 and came with the cheapest circuits audio knows how to build. Audiophile spent thousands trying to upgrade this product (with amazing processing capability) into an audiophile piece of gear.

So, it's no stretch to have an audiophile get this kit, see that the metal didn't fall off and then bolt it down properly.

Yeah it should be affixed properly. But when you're building products are this price point you can't add much in the way of human labor, additional machining, etc. steps, etc.

How much does this thing cost? At a few hundred I'd understand. In the thousands, this would be unacceptable.

All that said, I know of adhesives that would have worked like a charm there! ;)

Cheers,
Presto

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.