Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Glad you finally got that

"I thought you were commenting on the power supply spuria at -110 dB,"

I mentioned early on -110 dB is a level I wouldn't want to put up with and again in another response. Bad enough I think that it may even be a data point supporting my original assertion...that noise challenged systems are the most affected by software/OS tweaks when there is no difference between the data being sent to the DAC.

"My ignorance. I don't think it's a good choice of frequencies."

I also made the point it's a bad choice of frequencies and gave my reasoning.

"I don't understand what your complaint is with the 60 Hz component of the test signal."

I haven't spent much time staring at pure tones generated by sound cards at high resolution. And while I get the log scale can be tricky for some I am fairly used to looking at it and have am just expressing my surprise that a decent soundcard can't pull off a more pure tone. Having significant energy + or minus 10Hz is a surprise to me...almost as if it were something much less controlled than an D to A updating at 96kHz or whatever. Id expect most modern soundcards could presumably create very low distortion and time accurate sine waves at that frequency. As I say not an expert, doesn't seem right to me.

However that still doesn't answer how this line of question , ie my not understanding 60Hz is part of the RMAA IMD+N test, actually matters for something. What was the point of any of this??? Tony does this often. Picks some irrelevant point to argue for fifteen posts then disappears without ever actually making his any relevant point. Was he just here to prove he is the smartest person in the world that only knows things that don't actually matter?

Seems like a troll to draw attention away from subjects he and others here are don't want to address for some reason...hardware noise issues. They become militantly opposed to any sort of discussion about anything related. I'm guessing the discussion all hoits to close to home and forces them to ask themselves unfavorable questions about gear that cost too much. but that's only a guess. Surely will draw great ire from some but we will see if it actually draws out some relevant, on topic point of discussion. I doubt it. It's all part of the game.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Glad you finally got that - Ugly 07:46:51 08/17/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.