Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

But that still doesn't mean things are awesome....

Tony, I don't think you being right on this last point makes any sort of statement or argument one way or the other about my original point that the more compromised systems are perfect for the experiment.

I'm sure you'll at least agree only -110 dB down on the 60Hz signal is still not great noise performance if that truly is an accurate representation at the gain setting the IMD+N test is run at. If that's true that's one piece of evidence not contradicting my original claim to SBGK in this thread.

If you feel me knowing the smpte standard was obviously being used, this test actually conforms to that standard, and what frequencies are in the standard when I am not even ambitious enough to have gone beyond looking at OP's pictures and reading his article, you have a funny idea about what comes as obvious for me.

As much as I appreciate your setting me straight on RMAA I'm hoping this last long string of posts had some actual point to any of it other than again diverting attention from the point I made to something apparently irrelevant? I'm not seeing the bigger picture you are trying to paint if there is one.

If there is some point you are planning to make, now would be a good time to make it.

Edits: 08/16/15 08/16/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • But that still doesn't mean things are awesome.... - Ugly 17:28:27 08/16/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.