Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

That may not be QC.

If the bars were all good at the time of inspection they were good.
The company has learned that aluminum case + Glue X + Metal bar coated with Y does not work. They should have spent the extra cost to use 2 screws to hold the bar. Two external screws mean something needed to be screwed there... like a chassis type thing.

I can't see why adding a bar to add weight is any different than having a 1/2" thick faceplate. By adding mass to a case, you're changing the frequencies at which it will resonate. That is physics. I won't go into differences in shielded and magic noise reduction...

So, yes, a glued in metal bar is proven to be too cheap. But had that bar been affixed properly it would still have functioned as changing the mass of the chassis. Those chassis are *VERY* light.

Not only would this change the way the chassis itself resonates, but things that are very light are also more susceptible to external vibrations like from... speakers!

Sure, you could put feet on this thing and put a velvet covered brick on top of it to damp it.

The bar fell off and in shipping knocked some caps loose.

If they correct this design flaw, and I liked the product and it sounded good, i would not scratch them from a list. I'd rather deal with a company that learns from it's mistakes than deal with one that thinks it never makes any!

Bla bla bla my babbling is over. That's my 20 cents!

haha.

Cheers,
Presto

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.