Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Im sitting here listening to Tidal

And VERY happy with the "STATE" of computer audio. Blue note 75 years is playing and the cut is Lou Donaldson "Carving the Rock."

As someone that normally buys 2-3 disks a week Tidal is as likely to change my listening habits as Netflix and Amazon have changed my viewing habits.

Now when someone talks about their fav album to review a piece of equipment I can now listen to the same cut while reading the review.

(in case you are interested) My streaming PC is using the Tidal Audiophile plug in for Kodi. There are some bugs - it doesnt save my favorites but I can log in with another pc while listening and add disk to my fav.

Tidal is not as detailed as listening to a local flac rip from SSD but its come a long way and certainly very listenable.

Yesterday I put away my latest ripped collection and it was a REAL pain in the ass to crawl and bend over to put away the cds. I will still buy my fav as it still sounds better that way.

But you know - life is short and to me there is no going back once you have experienced computer audio that keeps getting better!!!!

Victrola: http://cgi.audioasylum.com/systems/8490.html

Edits: 07/28/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.