Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Two issues here...

"We'd likely still spin them rather than bother trying to find the files on a computer.."

I completely understand if you simply don't want a PC based playback system. However, I disagree when you argue that it is harder to find files in a PC based system. Any decent media player will allow you to organize your music the way you want it and allow you to speedily get to the music you want to hear now. Further, you can queue multiple files for playback so you don't have to keep running between the CD player and your shelves of CDs.

Further, CDs are amazingly space demanding as a digital storage media. Your collection of 4,000 CDs could probably fit on a single 3 terabyte hard drive. Disk space is very reasonably priced these days:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007603%20600083978

Wouldn't it be nice to get rid of all those physical discs that have to be dusted and to free up that space?

Now I don't mean to be Hectoring you on this issue, but I do want to stress that those of us who have moved away from optical playback systems to PC based ones do not see that as making our lives harder. Indeed, we see that as making our lives simpler and easier.

JE

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.