Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: What do you wanna bet, that it won't make any difference?

I think part of the problem especially for people who keep DAC searching is that they don't realize that they can improve their front-end significantly, and this may and this search.

By just keep ignoring this that will never get anywhere and just keep buying a new DAC trying to find something better and still never get the sound they want. .

We have all done this to some degree, but honestly lately I'm listening to something pretty old actually. I'm not using my DSD DAC or my ESS saber minimax plus, instead it's an old Pacific Valve modified NOS DAC. It only goes up to 96 but with the newest Jplay 6.1 streamer and Audiophile Optimizer it sounds totally amazing.

At the end of the day some people will probably never really want to understand that all these things in the chain do matter. There is still no such thing as a perfect DAC that will take whatever you put into it and make it sound great.

Even if this perfect DAC ever does exist I still feel improving the front end will always have a significant effect on sound quality.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.