Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Interresting....

Fred,

And here I was expecting you to make a substantive point, show how the SMPS fares when tested for transient behaviour in the precise kind of setup which was used in the contentious test...

And following that you would show reliable evidence that links this transient misbehaviour to poor sound quality. I even had a crow caught, executed and prepared ready for me to eat - in public.

Instead you waffle on about the broken power adapter which was promptly replaced.

Sound quality is very subjective and I see little point to debate it.

Where I see a point of debate if you make claims that Item A has a certain specific objectively tested behaviour that causes it to sound this way or that.

Past that, no you see no detailed spec for each and every power supply circuit powering each and every part different part in the unit, because what matters is actually the subjective sound quality.

As for over the top, apart from sour grapes from one or two individuals who pretty much never heard any of the products I had a hand in, I have not seen any real criticism of sound quality, especially in respect to the price. Rather the opposite.

You disagree, so don't buy any of those products. Buy anything else. Please.

Thor

At 20 bits, you are on the verge of dynamic range covering fly-farts-at-20-feet to intolerable pain. Really, what more could we need?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.