Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: All the noise from the computer????

You won't bother to respond, but to correct you..UpTone NEVER said or make any claims about eliminating ALL noise.

They CLEARLY state, if you had checked:

'Although the Regen DOES NOT eliminate all sound quality differences between USB cables in a high-end system, it significantly reduces those differences. John Swenson has written about how the PHY chips and processors at the input of every USB DAC (even those with galvanic isolation) are sensitive to "packet noise modulation" and ground-plane noise—caused by poor signal integrity and impedance mis-matching."

They also make NO claims about zero jitter. But specifically market their product as LOW jitter.

And John Swensen:

"Note: it does not get rid of the packet noise altogether, it is just as low as it can be....

The hub chip inside the REGEN has its own PHYs, which themselves generate packet noise on ITS power and ground planes. I have worked hard to minimize this noise, but it is still there. The result is that the REGEN itself is also sensitive to the SI of the signal fed to it, which is why USB cables on its input still make a difference"

Perhaps a bit of research before commenting?

Edits: 06/25/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: All the noise from the computer???? - Sprezza Tura 07:45:47 06/25/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.