Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Thanks found problems but SQ diminishes after one track!

Thanks Old Listener

More good suggestions. I will do the further listening tests, but it will take a little while as I will be out of town.

You said, "The iFi DAC operates from a battery. It is possible that the battery does not deliver as much current after a few minutes. I believe that there is a feature for setting the power mode. You might try using different power mode settings." This may also be worth following.

When I restart the player software, this is the only thing touched. Volume control on the Micro is not touched. Stopping the track, exiting, restarting, and finding the track again, takes about 40 seconds. If there were a power problem with the iDSD DAC presumably the 40sec would be enough to sort out the batteries - temporarily?

I have always had a sense that on restaring the player software and returning to the track that it sounds a little louder than when I left it!

Not sure how to go about measuring iDSD DAC/Amp output voltage with a test signal to verify. Or how to measure the battery charge/output? Suggestions?

Cheers
Frank

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.