Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Thanks found problems but SQ diminishes after one track!

Well, you are making some progress. You know something about how Fidelizer and the WiFi adapter are affecting your system.

Some ideas for more experiments:

- Try playing a long track to see if sound quality stays the same all the way through the track.

- Try playing a series of short tracks to see whether the change in sound quality still occurs at the start of the second track.

This might tell us whether the change is related to elapsed time or to the changeover from one track to another.

- Try using Direct Sound rather than the iFi driver. Set JRiver to output at the native sample rate/bit depth of the material that you are playing. This might tell us whether the iFi driver has a role in the sound quality change.

- The iFi DAC operates from a battery. It is possible that the battery does not deliver as much current after a few minutes. I believe that there is a feature for setting the power mode. You might try using different power mode settings.

my blog: http://carsmusicandnature.blogspot.com/

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.