Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Inexpensive DAC for Spotify/Pandora listening

I just picked up a Pure i20 from amazon for 92.00 and I actually love this little gizmo.
Docking station that charges, has built in dac with analog outs, coax and optic digital outs and a little remote control.

All I wanted it for was to stream Pandora / Spotify and have access to my itunes library. I had an iPhone 4s that was sitting around doing nothing so I wiped it clean, turned all features off and put it in airplane mode. It's sole purpose now is streaming and itunes collection.

If info online is correct it's got a Cirrus 24/192 dac in it that sounds pretty darn good for a mid-fi system. Honestly was surprised at how nice it sounded compared to the headphone out to integrated that I was using. For fun today I hooked my PS Audio dac to it via digital coax and have been A/B'ing all afternoon and for a hundred bucks it holds up well enough that I'm not going to buy another dac for this tv room system. It'll do just fine on its own.

One big thing to check what model iphone is going to be used? Pure's website has a list of compatible devices. Second big thing is I would not trust my ipad docked on this station unless I add some form of stability........it would be way to top heavy to trust.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.