Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Qobuz - my first experiences

soundchekk:
I have been using Qobuz @ 320 kbps for several months now. My biggest problem is that the streaming quality is very "fragile" (for lack of a better term). I have FIOS at home (25/25 mbps) and work at a research university which has very good Internet service. However, my streaming experience is constantly marred by stutters and dropouts regardless of whether I'm using a desktop computer (iMac) or a laptop (MacBook Air) and regardless of whether I am connected by ethernet cable or wireless. Their customer service has been very prompt and polite but they have not been able to fix my streaming issues. It looks like I will give up the service at the next payment point... I was really looking forward to streaming 44.1/16 but if they I can't even get 320 to work, there is no hope.

I guess I'll try Tidal next although I think their focus on young folks will likely limit their jazz and classical catalog... We'll see...
Mike

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.