Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Upgrade from AQ Dragonfly v1.2

Been listening to streaming music from Spotify Premium with this. Sounds pretty good except there is a slight rough edge when compared to my AN tube cdp which sounds organic and completely free of digital glare. I would like to know if there are USB DACs in the $500 range that would be an improvement in this regard. Another thing I may have to realize that Spotify is not CD resolution (320 kbps) and maybe some of the hardness is source related. Do you think upgrading the DAC will improving listening experience or am I expecting too much. Like I said listening fatigue sets in after a moderate listening session whereas with my cdp I get none or if I get some, it is due to the music being played or played too loud.

Note: I like listening from my CD collection. I use the computer primarily for streaming from Spotify and occasionally Pandora. I am not interested in digitizing my collection to use with the DAC exclusively.
-------
I. Dandaroy

Edits: 04/24/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Upgrade from AQ Dragonfly v1.2 - dandaroy 21:18:55 04/24/15 (15)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.