Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Oppo plays well with Squeezebox/LMS

Take a look down the page at my post. Both of you will benefit greatly from my troubleshooting of this little application called squeeze2upnp. There are now stable executables for Win, OS X and Unix. It is very easy to get this app running and I will help you both if you wish. What the application does is to use Squeezelite as an interface to your DLNA/upnp renderer. I am using an Oppo 103D. The device appears as a Squeezebox to LMS and you can play streams, local files and use Spotify or as I do TIDAL. As of today, I have all of them working marvelously. Since the Oppo looks like a Squeezebox, it appears in your list of devices in the browser as well as with iPeng. Once people discover this little app, it s going to be one of the most popular apps for LMS. This is not a plugin, BTW. It is a small executable that runs in the background and provides translations of upnp requets/protocols to the LMS server through Squeezelite.

You can find links to the executables at github in my link below. There is a thread in the Slimforums under 3-rd party apps to help you. If you wish to try it and have configuration problems post here and I will talk you through it.

Edits: 04/18/15 04/18/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.