Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Playback of 24/192 through usb

when my computer was off and my Yamaha off I disconnected the usb cable. I restarted and reset the audio to the internal card settings which max out at 2496 and all is well with the world, so it must be the USB interrupts that are causing the issued. I am playing back the Linn, Ingrid Fliter 24/192 piano file with no hitches even while surfing the net. I am sure it has downsampled the 24/192 file, but it still sounds excellent.

I am glad I did this test with my Yamaha before I spend money on a usb dac and even thought I could play back 24/192 or DSD downloads. I love 2496 and I will be happy staying there. Maybe my Yamaha is not Asynchronous, but I have no way of knowing what the software protocol is.

It does re-verify why I gave up computer recording long ago and just use it for mastering and disc burning. I once lost an entire concert and will never trust a computer again for recording. Quick to work in a computer and even quicker to "save" on the run.

Thanks for all the responses and I am happy for those of you who find hirez workable in your computers.
Jim Tavegia

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.