Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: OK, I took the JPlay plunge

Hello guys, I haven't been around these parts in ages. I was about to say that I miss our interactions 'till I came across the JPlay threads and it appears that the usual "skeptics" are repeating the same cynicism as the last year or two. Talk about a time warp. Anyway that is not why I'm posting. I'm actually posting to say that I have renewed vigour in things audio. For the past couple of years audio has been relegated to just listening but no tinkering (except for more crystals underneath components, lol). No new parts or components. However, I was recently impressed that an audiophile friend of mine acquired some McCintosh monoblock 275s for his system. I am happy for him.

Per this thread, Jaundice and others who may be newbs to Jplay. Gotta have Kernal Streaming to make the software worthwhile. Not only will Jriver and Foobar be set to Jplay's driver as an ASIO device, one also needs to choose kernal streaming in the Jplay settings menu. If not then all your efforts are moot. KS is also necessary to utilize the Xtream and UltraStream engines.

This week I downloaded my update and am now running Jplay6. Here's the difference compared to 5.21: The previous version was great at clarity and definition. This latest version has emotion and palpability in spades without losing definiton. We now have the best of both worlds.

Anyway, good to be back. Maybe I may post a bit now and then too. :)

Edits: 04/07/15 04/08/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: OK, I took the JPlay plunge - Say 10:51:09 04/07/15 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.