Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

looking for feedback on a 24bit recording I did

grettings,

I apologize for asking for help, but I know nowhere to turn to. I basically got some new recording equipment and instruments.

One is a 6 string fretless bass, then a basic generic electric guitar as well as an amp. What I did is I setup in a room a microphone and recorded using Reaper (the guy who made Winamp now makes a fantastic multitrack). I believe I set everything to record at 24bit 192,000 and I have uploaded the track to archive.org

basically looking for feedback as to how it sounds, if you could ignore the content and perhaps only pay attention to the atmosphere and recording quality if the music is not for you I would appreciate it.

I've noticed the very warm sound I am getting, also the recording doesn't sound hot to me and I've think I did a good job at capturing the higher resolution.

Details I recorded into a behringer mixer, just microphone in, with a preamp setting pretty above medium (occasionally you'll hear what would be called tape hiss but this is the microphone preamp), recorded using a Soundblaster X-Fi from many years ago a USB soundcard, into a Windows 8.1 computer.

I played this back on my DAC in my main system and I was impressed, however when played back on Headphones I was even more impressed.

the track is under 4 minutes, I just don't know where else to turn besides my high end friends. thanks a lot.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Topic - looking for feedback on a 24bit recording I did - bullethead 18:10:13 04/04/15 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.