Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Very doubtful IMHO

His leaps in logic (e.g., because a single Mac model only has a USC-C port, it's the end of the world and shows how anti-decent-quality-audio Apple is!) and the obstinacy with which he holds on to his. . . uh. . . proclamations seem just a little bit extravagant - but maybe that's just me. (BTW, I wonder if he's found the percentage of actual hi-rez files on the PONO site yet. LOL!)

BTW, regarding some of the topics below, I've downloaded dozens of zip files and have never had a problem. Same for my wife (except that, as a web developer, she's probably dealt with hundreds rather than dozens). Neither of us has EVER had a problem with zip files. (I have an iMac, she has a MacBook Pro.) So I just can't see where you're getting this assertion that Macs have trouble with zip files. (Or were you just talking about iPhones and iPads?)

Also, I fear for your mental state when you suggest (further below) that Apple sales are the only ones driven by deliberately concocted BS and confusing and deceptive marketing. It's called advertising, and it's a large part of American capitalism. And, amazingly, a large part of the population even has the ability to ignore what's spurious in the ad copy/jingle/whatever! Even more amazing, you aren't the only one who sees through deceptive advertising!

And finally, my experience using computers dates back to mainframes too, although it doesn't go back as far as yours. In fact my whole career in the corporate world was in the mainframe sphere. We still used PC's of course for our daily tasks, and, for over 24 years, I was forced, against my will, to use POS Windows machines. (And by POS, I mean that these machines - cheapo HP's, Lenovos, and Dells - didn't last much longer than a couple of years. Something was always going wrong with them, and, as a matter of policy, they were "refreshed" every three years. Oh well! That's corporate thinking for you - force Windows on your employees by fiat!) And the only time I've ever run LINUX was on a Mac. So much for their "closed" system!

Edits: 03/26/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.