Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: J River path

In your artist/album view, start with no artist or album selected. Find the column headings above the list of files. (circled in the screenshot below.)

1. Right-click on the leftmost tag name in the heading.

2. Scroll downward in the list of fields and click on filename (path).

3. Drag the vertical divider to the right of the words "filename (path)' to the right so that the path information is not cut off.

4. Click on the words "filename (path) in the heading. Now the files will be sorted by the path name.

You should be able to scroll downward and find groups of files with invalid path names. In each such group, click on the first file, scroll downward if necessary and shift-click on the last file in the group. Once you have a group of files selected, press the Delete key and choose the first option to delete the files from the library (without deleting the files.)

Keep scrolling through the list of files finding groups with invalid path names and deleting them.

So far, you have been in a hurry to fix your problem without understanding how it happened. I suggest that you slow down and understand what happened. If you don't, things like this will continue to happen to you.

my blog: http://carsmusicandnature.blogspot.com/

Edits: 03/24/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.